Old Vineyard’s Trauma Recovery Program was created to address the significant impact that a traumatic experience can have on an individual’s mental health.
We provide adult patients ages 18 and up, as well as senior patients with the support and coping tools they need for healthy living after any major life-transitions they’ve experienced.
This holistic program is for adult survivors of physical, emotional, or sexual trauma who are in crisis. Trauma-focused treatment involves self-care and learning a new normal. Individuals will learn how to manage stress, regulate their emotions, understand their thoughts, and work on self esteem. Yoga is taught along with relaxation and deep breathing techniques. At discharge, patients will be connected with a trauma-focused clinician whenever possible.
- Survivors of physical, sexual or emotional abuse
- Victims of crimes
- Survivors of suicide attempts or a family member’s suicide
- Survivors of domestic violence
- Survivors of natural disaster
- Combat survivors
- Survivors of car accidents or other traumatic events
- Those who have experienced loss, death or abandonment
- Those in high-risk careers such as first responders
Our treatment program includes:
- A comprehensive assessment and individualized treatment based on readiness and need
- A discharge plan that sets goals to prepare the patient for life after treatment
- Introduction to evidence-based Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
- Psychoeducation specializing in stress and symptom management, emotion regulation, thought distortion and self-esteem
- Patient and family education about trauma and how it affects the body
- Staff trained with a specific focus in trauma-informed care