The Adolescent Acute Psychiatric Program at Old Vineyard Behavioral Health Services is designed to provide a supportive, nurturing environment that promotes health and healing for teenagers. These services are provided to teenagers ages 12-17 who are in need of rapid and immediate intervention with a person-centered approach . The goal of our adolescent program is to provide a safe place where problems can be identified and solutions are explored. This program treats intensive, crisis-oriented psychiatric disturbances where the likelihood of harm to self or others is significant. Our teens have a highly structured day which includes evidence based cognitive behavioral programs, school during the academic year, journaling, recreation therapy, pet therapy, and arts and crafts.
Our Adolescent Acute Psychiatric Program provides the following services:
- Intake Screening and Assessment – This comprehensive intake screening and assessment process is done upon admission to determine the adolescent’s exact needs which will then be used to craft a comprehensive treatment program. Along with the assessment, a complete psychiatric and physical history will be obtained from the patient’s family or another reliable source. Having this information is extremely helpful in understanding the past and current psychiatric needs of the adolescent, which allows our staff to provide more effective treatment.
- Evaluation – An initial evaluation of the medication needs will be addressed after the assessment. Often in cases of acute psychiatric crisis, medication stabilization is the first step toward alleviating the individual’s psychiatric emergency.
- Person Centered Approach to Treatment – This form of therapy reflects an individual’s unique preferences, values, and needs that are identified and agreed upon in partnership with the treatment team. In Person-Centered Care, people are treated as individuals and receive appropriate and timely care that meets their needs and concentrates on the individual’s strengths.
- Group Therapy – Structured therapeutic recreation groups are a vital part of the psychiatric treatment programming. Often through the process of activity therapy, patients gain a deeper insight into their individual issues and learn new and more appropriate coping skills for their mental health condition.
- Family Involvement or Collaboration – Comprehensive care includes the individual’s family or guardian involvement and educates about the benefits of the treatment process.
- Aftercare and Discharge Planning – Aftercare planning includes medication management education, community resource information, relapse prevention education and appropriate discharge referrals in order to ensure that the teen will continue on their path of wellness after they leave our program.
If you would like more information on the Adolescent Acute Psychiatric Program or you feel your teen needs an intervention, please contact us online or call us at (336) 794-3550 or toll free at (855) 234-5920.