Treatment Programs for a Range of Psychiatric Disorders
At Old Vineyard Behavioral Health Services, we specialize in acute treatment for teens, adults and also partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient day treatment programs for adults.
Our treatment is well structured and comprehensive. Each is tailored to the exact needs of the patient and we have multiple programs that can address mental disorders as well as substance abuse problems. By creating an individualized treatment plan, we are able to achieve higher success rates, less chance of relapse and encourage our patients to go on and live productive, active lifestyles.
Just some of the mental disorders treated within our facility include:
- Suicidal thoughts or suicide attempts
- Bipolar disorder
- Alcohol and drug Substance abuse
Moods affect changes in thought, judgment, action and basic body functions. They come in many colors and involve more than emotions. For example:
- Anxious—worried, nervous, tense, overwhelmed, stressed, fearful
- Irritable—easily annoyed, angry, argumentative or aggressive
- Depressed—sad, down, tired, unmotivated, tearful, low self-esteem. Thoughts of guilt or pessimism. Patterns of sleep may change and physical pain may worsen
- Empty—unable to find pleasure in anything, including people
- Brightly elevated—self-confident, happy, outgoing, active, high energy, little sleep, impulsive, spontaneous, creative, making lots of plans
- Darkly elevated—edgy, agitated, irrational, impatient, irritable, distracted, unfocused, anxious, distrustful, paranoid, not sleeping much. Often self-medicating, making unwise choices, seeking substances.
- Mixed state—this happens when depression overlaps with a dark mania. “Tired and wired”
Contributed by Chris Aiken, MD, The Mood Treatment Center, Winston-Salem, NC
Specialized Treatments Deliver Positive Outcomes and Lasting Results
Using Evidence-Based Practices for therapies, Old Vineyard has specialized treatment that centers on helping our patients develop:
- Coping skills
- Life management
- Medication management
- Overall wellness
- Focused recovery
If you are in need of help or know someone else who is, please take a moment to learn more about us and the variety of services and programs we have to offer. Please call our friendly staff at (336) 794-3550 or contact us online with your questions.